Lentil and Carrot Soup
Posted on October 04 2019
I love soup and this is different than most I make and I loved it but admit not everyone in my home did.
I made it on vegetarian day but enjoyed it for a few days and it was as good today as when it was first made.
Equipment: Ankarsrum Mixer with the vegetable slicer attachment.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1/4 cup lentils
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 3 large carrots
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne
- With your vegetable slicer slice the onions and carrots. Run it through again and it will be finely chopped.
- Saute the onions and carrots in the coconut oil till soft
- stir in the spices and garlic
- Add the broth, tomatoes, lentils and chickpeas
- Bring this to a soft boil, reduce heat and simmer until \lentils are soft (about 10 minutes)
- Stir in all but 1 tbsp of the parsley
- While this is simmering mix together the yogurt, honey and remaining parsley
- Add salt and pepper if desired
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with herbed yogurt. Wonderful with Naan Bread.
- For any remaining soup I just stirred in the herbed yogurt before refrigerating. Was wonderful warmed up.
Confession....I laid out the recipe in the morning and my husband did most of this as I worked late that night...thus no pictures of the prep. But I sure enjoyed it!