Posted on August 26 2019
Is Back to School just around the corner for you. These home made ballerina biscuits by @mykitchenstories.se will be a wonderful start to that small snack you add to the lunch kits. A sweet chocolate and vanilla cookie, filled with dreamy nougat. Use your Ankarsrum Assistent Original for everything from the cookie dough to grinding the hazelnuts to the filling 🍪🍪
Find the recipe below or on the manufacturers site at: https://www.ankarsrum.com/recipe/
- 300 gram wheat flour
- 90 gram sugar
- 200 gram warm butter (room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp cocoa (for adding to half the dough)
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 40 gram roasted and peeled hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cocoa
Follow these steps:
• Assemble the Assistent with the bowl, dough roller and dough knife.
• Work together all the ingredients except the egg to a crumbly dough. Add the egg and work together for a smooth dough.
• Divide the dough in half. Wrap one half and place in the refrigerator. The other half you knead in with cocoa, then wrap this half and place in the refrigerator as well. The doughs need to rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
• Roll out the doughs and punch out cookies. In the cakes made of vanilla dough you need to punch out a smaller circle in the middle of the cookies
• Place the cookies on a pan with baking sheet paper and leave for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
• Place the oven at 175 C (347 F).
• Bake the cookies in the middle of the oven for 10-15 minutes or until they have a nice golden brown color. Allow to cool completely before filling them.
• Chop the milk chocolate and gently melt it over a water bath.
• Assemble the Assistent with the mincer and the grater.
• Grind the hazelnuts into a fine flour and mix with the melted chocolate and the rest of the ingredients for the filling. Leave at room temperature until it thickens a little before filling your cakes with it. Spread over the chocolate cookie and place the vanilla cookie over it and press down lightly.
• Leave the filled cookies in the refrigerator until the filling stiffen completely before storing them in a jar in the refrigerator.
Later this week...Multigrain Bread for back to school.