Always love trying a new soup recipe as cooler weather rolls in. This recipe came from our manufacturer in Sweden, I tweaked it a bit and enjoyed it for dinner a few nights ago.
Requires the Blender attachment for your Ankarsrum Assistent
- 700g cauliflower
- 700 ml vegetable or chicken broth
- 200 ml cream
- 10 g fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- salt and pepper
- Divide the cauliflower into pieces and boil in the broth for about 10 minutes or till soft
- saute the onions in the oil (i used butter) till soft
- with the blender attachment secured place the cauliflower into the blender with about 1/2 of the broth and puree till smooth
- return the cauliflower back to the broth, add the onions and cream and simmer for a few minutes for flavors to blend
- add salt and pepper to taste
- serve topped with more fresh parsley or dill and a few croutons if you like
Served the leftovers the next day and think was even better. A quick, easy soup that can be made in less than half hour.