Its back to school or busy with harvest so an easy bread is a must This is my never use a recipe bread recipe. Has never failed, have never followed a recipes but instead always just poured till it felt/looked right. Now a friend has begged me to PLEASE measure. So here is my go to bread for many years when making a few quick loaves before bed, for family or friends and I have even made on the bbq at the lake. Hope you enjoy it too!
This recipe is enough for 4 medium size loaves. Use your Ankarsrum Mixer with the Stainless Bowl, scraper and roller attachment.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups milk (fridge temp)
- 3 cups hot water
- 3 tbsp yeast
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flax seeds (cracked)
- 4 cups white flour (approx)
Add all the wet ingredients to the mixer. Mix well till well blended at low speed. Add about 4 cups of flour, then the yeast. then the remaining whole wheat flour. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes. Add the flax and then the flour 1 cup at a time till a nice soft dough. Turn up speed slightly and knead for 8 minutes. Allow till double in bulk. Remove from bowl and divide into 4 and shape into loaves and place in pans. Allow to rise again till almost double . Score the tops and place in a 400 degree oven and back till done, approx 45 minutes. Enjoy.
Yes this is what happens when you place in pan and forget them..simply remove loaves, reshape and try again..still delish just midnight before get to bed!
Thank you, Lynn!
I have a new Ankarsrum and am ready to use it with a tried and true recipe.
I have three questions for you:
1. By “White Flour,” do you mean All-Purpose Flour? Less gluten than bread flour.
2. When you say to add “about four cups of flour,” that must mean ww flour, followed by the rest of the ww flour, and, later, the white flour a cup at a time. Correct?
3. Cracked Flaxseed. I’ve researched this and most sources I’ve found say to grind the seeds. But I think you mean at least coarsely ground, otherwise it would be flaxmeal. Is that correct?