I was so fortunate to enjoy this wonderful young man create his magic this weekend at Taste of Edmonton. He started the day by making us some English Muffins stuffed with bacon, cheese and his green eggs (done by whipping kale and cream in the blender attachment). During his next presentation he made these delicious muffins, enjoying a couple yet the next day they were still moist and delicious. If in the Edmonton area he is still demoing in the Taste for Kids booth though the remainder of the show.
Equipment: Ankarsrum Mixer with Stainless bowl, roller attachment
- the vegy slicer attachment with a medium grating blade.
Quantity 12 muffins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini (patted dry)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (patted dry)
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- In your stainless bowl mix together vegetable oil, eggs, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla till well combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Pour into the wet ingredients and stir on low speed till just combined, do not over mix. Add the shredded zucchini and carrots and stir till just incorporated.
- Use a spoon or an ice cream scoop to transfer batter into prepared muffin pan and fill each till about 3/4 way full. Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cook muffins in pan for 3 minutes before removing and transfer to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy these while warm or are delicious at room temperature too. Froze one just to check and was delicious for breakfast yesterday after reheating. YUMM. Take time to read about this young man. Just google Jonathan Giovannoni and you will find him!