Lemon Coconut Loaf
Posted on February 25 2013
Use Double bowl and cookie whips. Also used citrus press for lemon juice if available.
- 1 2/3 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 3 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (3 tbsp)
- 3/4 tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 1/3 cup unflavored Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Block (cup) Cream Cheese (for filling)
- 1/2 cup Unsweeetened Coconut (for filling)
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest (for filling)
- coconut and almonds for topping
Mix filling ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Mix condensed milk, melted butter, yogurt,lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla together. Blend on low speed until no lumps. Spread 1/2 this mixture into a well greased loaf tin. |Spoon filling over this and cover with remaining batter. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup coconut and 1/4 cup flaked almonds. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 30 – 40 minutes til golden and toothpick comes out clean. This loaf will drop in the middle during/after baking. Cool for 10 minutes in pan and remove to finish cooling on rack. Slice, serve and enjoy.