Continuing with the Genius theme Ankarsrum has been sharing around the world I felt we needed a Canadian Genius should be added to the list.. who better than ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL, just put away your phone for a day or a week and see how different your life may be, this man is a genius that many of you are likely using the talents of to read this. I did a little digging and more than once I discovered info that he likely had a love of Lobster. How to use an Ank with lobster? Lobster cakes and they were so good. Had more than I needed for a meal so shaped some into balls. Froze them and took out on the weekend, thawed slowly and heated in my oven before serving as appetizers. Not quite as good as fresh but for appetizers they were pretty awesome!
Before you start:
- you will need your Ankarsrum Mixer with blender attachment
- Makes 8 large Lobster cakes or 4 and about 10 balls
- prep time about 20 minutes
- cooking time about 10 minutes
- 1 lb coarsely chopped lobster cooked or sauted in a bit of butter
- 1 cup bread crumbs ( ground my dry bread in the blender)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley or 1 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
1/2 cup milk
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- butter for frying
Combine the crumbs, onions, parsley in blender mix till well blended. Remove and put to the small mixer bowl with the single whips, add the lobster. Combine on a very low speed then add the milk and beaten egg, again mixer very slow till everything is well blended. Shape into patties and fry in butter about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy with your favorite soup.