How do you celebrate moms day..a card, flowers, make her something special or get her an Ankarsrum mixer.As a mom of 3 wonderful boys I can guarantee all she really wants is knowing you are happy. But making her this cake wont disappoint either, especially since the last Mud Cake you likely made her was “fresh mud” after a rain. Patricia from our office in Sweden shared this with e earlier this week. It is unreal..it is the texture of a brownie but the taste of fudge….delish!! I topped mine with a thin layer of raspberry jam and meringue cookies but wouldn’t be necessary to taste awesome.
Use Ankarsrum mixer with Plastic bowl and single whips.
Makes 1 9 inch round cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 100 g butter
- 2 dl (0,8 cup) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tablespoons cacao
- 2 dl (0,8 cups) flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- . Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F).
- Assemble the assistent with the whisk bowl and the single wire cookie beaters.
- 3. Melt the butter and add to the whisk bowl
- 4. Start the assistent on low speed
- 5. Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, cacao, salt and flour.
- 6. Whisk so that the ingredients just blends together. (Whisk as short as possible).
- 7. Butter a cake tin (around 20 cm in diameter) and add the batter into it.
- Bake in the oven for about 17-20 minutes. The cake should feel a bit sticky.
Here is where I did things a bit different than the original recipe.. while still warm I spread a couple tbsp of raspberry jam over so it would soak in. Then topped with some small meringue cookies and dusted with a bit of cocoa.
At this point Patricia cooled the cake and served with ice cream which would be great too!
If you have questions about this or any other recipe please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org